Friday 6 June 2014

Dux Bellorum battles

Recently Scrivs and I have played a couple of games of Dux Bellorum. They have been enjoyable affairs, but to be honest, a bit of a test of the rules too.

For me, there are aspects of these rules that I like.. but I end up feeling a little disappointed at the end of a game. Not sure if that's a case of needing to play more and learn the subtleties.. but playing until one unit is left on the table (not always going to happen I know), just feels wrong.

We wondered whether the game would work better with more or less units..

I'm happy with the basing that we've opted for - 120mm unit bases look good.. so not sure what's next.. either tinkering with the game.. or try something else.. Hail Caesar, Impetus..?

Scrivs posted great accounts of the battles on his blog so I won't repeat them here.. just a few pictures...
Scrivs uses these character figures to represent Leadership Points

British general gets stuck in a melee that he never escapes from

the lines clash

Saxons putting pressure on the British general

the sole British survivors about to meet their maker 

No comments:

Post a Comment